Friday 2 December 2016

My First Semester in Guelph!

Hello Readers,

I know it has been a really long time since I last wrote. It's because once school started, everything just got so busy! Let me recap everything that happened these past few months. It seems like a lifetime ago that I actually moved here and established my life in Guelph! For the first few weeks, I honestly didn't think what was happening was real. I was so scared that I'd suddenly wake up and it would all be a dream!

I was determined to have the entire university experience and live it to the fullest in order to get a 'redo' of sorts... This was my second chance at life and I came here determined to take advantage of that. Moving day was super exciting! Of course I was nervous. This was the first time I would be living on my own. It was my dad, my sister, and my uncle who came along to help me move in, armed with 1 pick up truck and all my furniture!

Moving Day!



I arrived in Guelph on the first day of orientation week. That very evening, I went to the block party the university was throwing along with the dinner. Yes reader. I actually ate the dinner. The University of Guelph, coincidentally has been ranked the best campus for food in Canada! And boy were they right! Everything that is served is healthy, good for you food. That night I had chicken breast burgers on a whole wheat bun, an apple, and drinks along with cookies for dessert. I admit, I skipped the cookies and drinks and stuck with water instead!

It's funny how things seem to coincide with each other! Tomorrow marks my first three months spent in Guelph. Today was the end of all classes for the first semester. The move has been amazing for me. It has allowed me to stretch my wings in a way that I never could before. I have really opened myself up to new experiences, new relationships, and new possibilities. I have never been more excited to actually live my life!

I posted some pictures of my sparsely decorated apartment below! I have yet to decorate it, and its bare bones right now. But if anything, this has shown me that yes, I can do this! And yes reader, if you are struggling, or have struggled, it is never ever too late to grab whatever life throws at you and make the best of it!


I was determined to have a white couch! After all, you know you're an adult when you own a white leather couch! ;) 
The bar table was another one of my fab finds. Did I mention, that I bought all of these things using Kijiji? 



My little kitchen! I don't really like how small it is and how the cupboards are all wonky! And if I lay an egg on the counter it rolls towards the stove! But it'll have to do for now I guess! 


And to finish my post dear reader, here I am in front of the beautiful Basilica in downtown Guelph:

HEALTHY HOPEFUL & HAPPY. 



No comments:

Post a Comment